The club encourages safe diving and safe boating first and foremost.
- Leave information regarding where you are going to dive, when you are expected back, the identity and description of your boat, the number of divers and other personnel on your boat. This information can also be radioed to the your local ‘Marine Safety Organisation’. Report your safe return.
- Follow your dive training and follow normal safe diving practice.
- A dive briefing should be conducted prior to each dive where a dive plan should be discussed and agreed to. Divers should follow the dive plan. Familiarise yourself with and check your buddy’s gear before each dive.
- Dive within your capabilities and experience.
- Weather forecasts, tide data and relevant local information should guide your dive.
- If doing a boat dive, follow the guidelines for Boat Diving Safety.
- To read this month’s safety article, click Safety Article