Physical Fitness and Equipment is paramount to safe and fun diving, so:
- Always maintain your general fitness.
- Have regular diving medicals, at least each five (5) years.
- Maintain your skills training by diving regularly and consider periodically doing refresher diving courses.
- Maintain your equipment and have it serviced regularly (at least annually) by a qualified technician.
- Always dive within your capabilities and qualifications. It’s okay to say you don’t feel comfortable to continue the dive at any time.